Between a rock...

For the last couple of weeks, my kindergarten aged son has been getting notes sent home from school regarding his behavior. *Apparently* he has lost interest in completing his work on time during the school day and is having opportunities taken away from him.

However, I'm at my breaking point with the teacher and I don't know how to approach her or the staff. It's a *very* small school - there isn't even a principal.

One of his homework papers in particular, he received a D. He supposedly only got 2 out of 10 math questions correct. But upon closer inspection he had 9 out of 10 correct, and some of his answers were circled wrong and marked with a "T". A note from his teacher indicated that he took longer than 3 seconds to answer each question and those were marked as incorrect, with the "T" meaning "time". THREE *blankety-blank* SECONDS? You have got to be kidding me.

You know, if someone fired questions at me, and I only had 3 seconds or LESS to answer, then yeah, I'd lose interest rather quickly too. This teacher even left him behind at the school today, while she took the rest of the class on a trip to the public library.

There are 3 weeks of school left and I need to do something SOON. Who has ideas?

0 comments: