Open doors

I don't know how many of you believe that things happen for a reason. Some think that when an opportunity knocks, you should take it and run. Unequivocally.

Within the last 48 hours, I have been offered two interviews. Both positions are similar in responsibility and both are a step forward in my career. Both pay nearly identical, and is not considered a factor at this point. The problem? Neither job is in Austin. Or the metro area.

One position is in Dallas, the other in Corpus Christi. Both of these interviews are not introductory either. They are secondary follow-ups to introduce me to the rest of the company. So it is my best guess that I will come away with job offers for both.

I have never had to face the possibility of moving for a job. I can understand having to move for a husband's position, but not a wife. Maybe that makes me a bit old-fashioned. But selling the house, having my son change schools, and leaving all our friends behind, is a much bigger step I hadn't bargained for.

I have two open doors, and I'm not sure which one to walk through.

1 comments:

Erica Wagner said...

Hmmm, that's a tough one. My best advice... pray about it. Pray for clarity about what to do. Pray for a "closed" door, if there is to be one.