Fresh start

I love the beginning of a new year. A clean slate, a fresh start. I don't normally make a list of resolutions, but I thought I would this year. Someone once said, "Many people look forward to the New Year for a new start on old habits." So what habits do I have that need to change? In no particular order:

1. Make more time for myself. I don't take enough hot baths or curl up with a book and cup of tea.

2. Tryout for the community theater. I need to get out of the house more and do something not work related. This will also open me up to meeting people from all walks of life.

3. Have date nights with my husband. We go out, but not on a consistent basis.

4. Invite our friends over more often. We always assume everyone is too busy, and before we know it, we lose touch.

And there you have it. Some will wonder why I don't have any resolutions relating to my 5 yr. old - well it's simple. There is nothing I want to change about we do with or for him. Work resolutions aren't listed either because I start a new position tomorrow. We shall see where this year's road leads us...

0 comments: