Try, try again.

Update on the lefse making: today I produced my first batch, that is, if you can call 6 1/2 jagged edged circles a "batch". The grilling of the lefse dough was much easier than I thought. It was the rolling of the dough into a paper thin circle that gave me trouble. Lots of trouble. When making lefse, a grooved rolling pin is used. So when the dough sticks, it REALLY sticks. I was given all of my lefse making tools as a Christmas gift last year, and part of the set included rolling pin covers. I thought these were just to keep the pin in good condition, but as it turns out, it slips onto the pin and aids the dough in not sticking while still making the grooved marks. Imagine that. Other then my lefse turning out a bit thick, it was still good with a smathering of butter and sugar.

1 comments:

Erica Wagner said...

Maybe you should add the origin of lefse? I have forgotten already...