"It's a Fargo day."


Grey cloudy skies, cold wet weather..It's what my husband and I call "a Fargo day". I grew up mostly in ND, and I truly do not miss the snow, the cold, and the sniffly season (or would that be sneezin'?).

A day like today is rare in Texas, and yet it's the most perfect day to cozy up to the fire with a minty, marshmallowy, tall hot chocolate; staying inside baking caboose shaped sugar cookies, and escaping into a new book.

I took our 5 yr. old to Half Price Books and we could have stayed there all day. It's almost better then a trip to the library with the ever changing selection. I said, "almost better". Depends on if you are in the mood to buy or just borrow, and today I was in a buying mood.

I came away with a rather large tutorial on learning Flash for my new job. I've always wanted to learn it. I also picked up a true crime book by Patricia Cornwell. I am so excited by both, that I cannot decide which to start first.

Mr. 5 yr. old selected a phonics game for his computer, and also a complete tutorial on learning the harmonica. It contains an instruction book, cd, and a shiny new harmonica. For anyone that knows our son, he has taken an interest in the harmonica since the age of 2. Here we are just a short 3 years later, and the young man feels compelled to learn actual songs. Yeah for him on taking this initiative!

1 comments:

LA said...

It sounds like y'all need some Fluff for those hot chocolates! :)

I miss Half Price Books. We don't have a good bookstore like that here. Of course, I manage to get my hands on enough books.

Patricia Cornwell is a fav of mine. Enjoy!