Inauguration Day

First I apologize for making you wait so long for an update. I really have no good excuse, but here are some bad ones: my desk is a mess, I've been creating my blog redesign, and I was at the beach for 3 days. Take your pick, but I'm here now. Oh, and the redesign - I promise - will be up this weekend.

I am now fully equipped with shoes, shorts, and a decent sports bra, so I took my inaugural run this evening. My training schedule listed to run for twenty minutes. Easy enough. My husband said running from our house down to the main road and back was two miles, so I set the alarm on my phone for 20 minutes and off I went with the family dog. More like the dog took me on a run.

I reached the main road and while heading back home, the dog had a mind of her own. She was all over the street, in the grass, back and forth in front of me, and all I could do was hold on. I should back up and explain that the family dog is a black lab weighing in around 60 lbs. and I am 105 lbs. fully clothed with my harley boots on. So now you can see my dilemma.

We get to the end of our driveway, both of us sweaty and breathing heavily. I glance at my phone and I had 5 whole minutes to spare. I ran 2 miles in 15 minutes! Not too shabby for someone who considers walking 2 blocks from my car to the front door of my office a form of exercise. Hey I do it 4 times a day - to work, leaving for lunch, returning from lunch, and leaving at the end of the day!

0 comments: