No Turning Back Now

I made a big step today. I walked into a store and purchased $90 running shoes. They are the most expensive shoes I've ever owned and it hurt to hand over my debit card. Those who know me, know I'm a bargain hunter, but there is no such thing as elite shoes on clearance.

For anyone who has ever just gone to the mall, asked for a size 7 in blue, and wondered why 3 months later your knees/back/feet hurt, then this part is for you. The very helpful store employee, Mr. Black Shorts, looked at my arches, had me point my toes to the sky, and watched me walk in non-stocking feet from one end of the store and back. Two minutes later he returned with 3 pairs of shoes to try.

So I asked Mr. Black Shorts if he ever ran a marathon, to which he replied, "Yeah I did a couple already this year and just finished helping a friend train for the Olympic Time Trials." I then just had to trust the shoe choices he selected for me, and that's how I came to own lime green shoes.

2 comments:

Mrs. C. said...

I can't wait for you to beat John!!:)

Anonymous said...

Now it's time to buy the matching clothes!